Our Little Secret in Italy
Piemonte feels like our little secret. Good thing, because if word got out, we’d have to share it. Out here, charming inns act like mile markers along spectacular bike routes through rolling hills of vines, hazelnut groves and secluded villages. As the home of Barolo, Barbaresco, great pasta (which we’ll learn to make with an expert chef), the region tastes as good as it looks. Then, it’s off to an unforgettable afternoon with a real trifulao (truffle hunter) in search of the prized white truffle of Alba.
This is a signature B&R Biking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Turin to Turin
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,495
Single supplement: $600
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Bike among orchards and forests in the Roero hills before heading to the hotel for an afternoon of relaxation or a hands-on cooking lesson with the hotel's young chef Alberto Macario.
Embark on a loop ride to the city of Bra—famous for its cheese and sausage and home of the Slow Food movement.Visit our hosts’ Malvirà winery and learn about the delicious local grapes with the winemaker!
Cycle to the stunning Barolo Langhe and through its charming villages. Relax in the stunning local spa, then head into Alba for a lively tour and some exploration on your time.
Start the day with a truffle hunt led by our local friend Beppe in the hazelnut groves. Pedal past Barbaresco vineyards and stop for a picnic en route to our villa hotel.
Loop through winding roads in the Monferrato, the even-lesser-known part of Piemonte, and stop for lunch made with love at Carlo and Anna's trattoria.
Enjoy a farewell breakfast in the peaceful hills, then arrivederci in Turin.
Villa Tiboldi, Canale
This exquisitely restored farmhouse in the heart of the Trinita vineyards blends the feel of centuries past in its décor, with modern comforts and amenities. Charming and elegant, every detail is meticulously noted, from the furniture to the fabrics. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and offer a private terrace from which guests can enjoy the magnificent views. View hotel website »
Hotel Casa Pavesi
A charming converted Piemontese home, this intimate four-star hotel is practically in the shadow of Grinzane Cavour’s magnificent castle. With cozy rooms and a terrace with peaceful vineyard views, it’s our Piemontese home away from home. View hotel website »
La Villa Hotel, Mombaruzzo
La Villa hotel is a hidden gem surrounded by vineyards in the rolling Piemontese countryside, and framed by the Alps. Built in 1600, La Villa has been transformed into a stylish retreat with a unique atmosphere. Guests are invited to relax in the elegant, creatively decorated suites, in the welcoming bar, or around the tranquil pool before enjoying a divinely fresh and local dinner. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Moderate. We begin with two days of gently rolling riding in the Roero, then encounter more up and down routes in the Langhe hills. The climbs are not steep, but can be on the long side. Daily distances are generally short, ranging from 35 to 57 km (22 to 35 mi.), with options for more riding up to a metric Century Ride. The biking is on sparsely trafficked roads, with spectacular scenery.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches and all dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“We had a phenomenal time! This was our first B&R trip, and it won’t be our last. If you’re going to see Piemonte, do it by bike with B&R.”
— Ed Noha,
Piemonte Biking 2010
Notes from the Road
- Barolo, The King of Wines“The King of Wines and the Wine of Kings” isn’t just a brilliant 18th-century marketing tagline. Italy’s first (and last) kings, the Savoys, really did love Barolo. Barolo reds feature infinite complexity in a rich palate of dark fruits like …
- Immersion Kit: PiemonteAt The Slow Road we pride ourselves on getting in deep and up close. If knowledge of a region is power, access is authenticity—and we’ve spent decades forging the relationships that grant us both. But the road, like so many of life’s great …
- Piemonte Cuisine 101Piemonte Cuisine: An Introduction Well known as arguably Italy’s best wine region, Piemonte’s gastronomic pleasures equal its oenological offerings. We introduced you to the cuisine of Piemonte, birthplace of the Slow Food movement, in our Immersion … …