Everything About Tuscany is True
One of Italy’s most beautiful and beloved regions, Tuscany has earned every accolade and exaltation bestowed upon it. While some come for the sun and to be seen, we’ve got better plans: sumptuous spreads laid out by close friends, behind-the-scenes tours of medieval towns, wine tastings with award-winning oenologists, and spectacular biking through picturesque hills. As much as we appreciate the comfort of its fine hotels, it’s the rustic charms that capture our imagination. Tuscany is magical. Believe the hype.
Tuscany Biking is a signature B&R Biking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Florence to Florence
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,295
Single supplement: $900
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Ride to Montisi and Pienza, with lunch at olive guru Signor Bindi’s estate. Take in the sunset with a glass of prosecco in a romantic courtyard.
Spin across the Val di Chiana countryside to a very special lunch at Casa Lungarella. Tonight, head to the neighbouring town of Bettole for dinner at Chef Walter’s villa.
Ride the quintessential Tuscan road en route to Siena. Enjoy an evening guided city walk followed by a night on your own to explore the town.
Pedal out into the vine-covered hills of Chianti and try its namesake wine in the place it was invented. Enjoy a lazy afternoon relaxing in the hotel’s two swimming pools before dinner.
Spend the morning winding through iconic Tuscan villages such as Radda and Gaiole-in-Chianti. Finish off with a visit to a private wine estate for a tasting and dinner prepared by an exclusive chef.
Enjoy a farewell breakfast at the hotel in Chianti, then arrivederci in Florence.
Locanda dell’Amorosa, Sinalunga
When Carlo Citterio set out to restore the property that has been in his family for centuries, his first step was to convert the stables into a superb restaurant. Soon other buildings were refurbished: your bedroom may well have been a clock tower or the hunting lodge. Literally translated as “lodging of romance,” the Locanda exudes just that, and has long been a favourite B&R retreat. View hotel website »
Grand Hotel Continental, Siena
Located in the heart of historical and vibrant Siena, the luxurious five-star Grand Hotel Continental is a converted 17thC palazzo, originally designed by the baroque architect Giovanni Fontana. Ponder the history of this majestic, beautifully frescoed building as you sip prosecco in the courtyard or take advantage of its location by heading out to explore Siena’s bustling scene. View hotel website »
Le Fontanelle Hotel, Siena
Carefully restored over the course of a decade, Le Fontanelle Hotel blends classic medieval Tuscan architecture with thoroughly modern amenities and exceptional service. The guestrooms are comfortable and spacious, and downtime options at the hotel include a full spa and tranquil indoor and outdoor pools, all of which afford scenic and splendid views of the Chianti hills. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Moderate. We cover hilly terrain, but we’ve kept the average daily distance to a moderate 38 km (24 mi.). As much as possible, we avoid the steepest climbs, but please be aware that Tuscany is hilly.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches, four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“This was an unreal experience and a flawless trip. We stayed in amazing places most people will never see, and had great people and camaraderie with our group. It was the experience of a lifetime. I would tell others that if they are the type of person that likes adventure, great food, excellent wine, unreal accommodations, romance, great people, and unbelievable scenery all in the heart of the warm Italian people in the countryside, then this is your trip.”
— Jeff Cristee,
Tuscany Biking 2011
Notes from the Road
- In Deep: SienaDelve deep into this perfect medieval time capsule, where (thanks to enlightened zoning restrictions dating all the way back to 1307) the palaces and churches of Siena have been preserved like nowhere else in Italy. While the resulting wealth of art …
- Rave Reviews: TuscanyWhether you’ve been working at something for five minutes or five decades, it’s always nice to hear an encouraging word (or two). And thanks to our amazing travellers, we frequently find ourselves feeling very encouraged indeed. Check out what some o …
- Tuscany Biking: The Tour of a LifetimeButterfield & Robinson is thrilled that one of our trips was once again named to National Geographic Traveler‘s list of the 50 Tours of a Lifetime. Our Tuscany Biking trip was selected as one of the Best Tours in Europe! Read an excerpt of NG Travele …