Spoil your Senses in Spain
From National Parks to award-winning vineyards, the ever-changing landscapes of this part of Spain are often as dramatic and inspiring as the hotels you'll find here. The combination of cutting-edge design juxtaposed with old-world, rural living makes for amazing results. Whilst the wines of La Rioja are world-renowned, less well-known but equally as impressive is the cuisine, which is sure to delight. Mix in some truly spectacular and varied riding—and the draw to this region should be obvious to all.
This is a signature B&R Biking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
San Sebastian to Bilbao
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,995
Single supplement: $1,000
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Ride through the heart of the wild and untouched region of Navarra. Sample some of Spain’s most celebrated wine: the Pago classified Arinzano Estate.
Taste one of Spain's finest olive oils. Explore the differing styles of architecture, from Gothic to Christian, that dominate the town of Tudela. Nibble tapas or dance flamenco with fiery mother-daughter team Laura & Lola.
Enjoy stunning riding as we cross both the Camino de Santiago and the Ebro river. Take a turn at the ancient sport of Pelota or Jai Alai, a sporting tradition synonymous with the Basques.
Ride past the rolling vineyards of La Rioja, before pulling up to the Frank Gehry designed Marques de Riscal hotel. Follow the lead of the locals tonight for dinner in the medieval village of Elciego or further afield.
Spin through ancient villages along quiet country roads, the Spain of yesteryear, at the vine-covered foot of the Sierra Cantabria. Wander medieval Laguardia and relax in our hotel's world-class Caudalie Spa.
Enjoy a final breakfast together before saying our goodbyes, then transfer to the cultural city of Bilbao.
Hotel Aire de Bardenas, Tudela
Hotel Aire de Bardenas is a new concept single-story design and is surrounded by nature, forming part of the landscape. In the heart of the “Ribera,” this incredibly unique hotel offers a restaurant featuring locally produced specialties and 22 guestrooms with 4 deluxe suites, piercing alongside the magnificent Bardenas Reales National Park and the Biosphere Reserve. View hotel website »
Hotel Viura, Alava
Nestled in the magical Rioja wine region, the Hotel Viura offers avant-garde architecture and impressive luxury, and features floor-to-ceiling windows in each of the 33 guest rooms, a superb restaurant that doubles as an art installation and the most modern of technological amenities throughout. It also rests in the shadow of the magnificent San Andres Church. View hotel website »
Marques de Riscal, Elciego
Designed by Frank O. Gehry—responsible for the Bilboa Guggenheim Museum—the Marques de Riscal Hotel is a masterpiece of modernity. Inside, you’ll find 43 spacious, minimal rooms fitted with full amenities, marble baths and high-speed Internet access. A Vinothérapie spa, on-site guided cultural tours and amazing, unforgettable gastronomy round out this top-shelf property. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Moderate. For the most part the riding is on gently rolling, quiet country and vineyard roads. The average daily ride is 48 km (30 mi.), with options for more or less cycling on most days and a Century Ride loop option on day five.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- All special events and private tours
- Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All baggage transportation
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
Notes from the Road
- The Edge of the WorldRiding through patchwork fields, I passed vineyards and dry stone terraces that carved the mountains into farmable strips, which wind between medieval villages of golden stone. Researching in Catalonia, I began my voyage tracing B&R’s cycle route dow … …
- On the Road in RiojaFollowing last week’s awesome clip of our Tuscany Biking trip, B&R guide Philipp Haemmerle shares this great compilation of the Rioja Biking trip he guided last year. Great stuff, Phil! Video not working? Click here to view on YouTube. Where …
- Snapshot: AndaluciaAs both a historical gateway to Europe and a point of departure to the African continent, Andalucia in the far south of Spain has a way of enticing travellers, adventurers and the occasional band of Visigoths or Moors. It has …