The Unspoiled Coast
Smitten with coastal riding? Then say buongiorno to Puglia, your beautiful new seaside paramour. Featuring sun-soaked villages, glorious secular olive groves, delicious all-organic food and mile upon mile of soul-stirring biking. After an intimate and mouth-watering dinner by the sea, an exclusive olive oil tasting (the region produces more wine and olive oil than any other in Italy), a visit to the UNESCO-protected trulli and a glass (or two) of prosecco in the shadow of a famous cathedral, you’ll receive the experience you seek—and then some.
Puglia Bistro Biking offers more independence (more meals on your own), and the hotels are likely to be stylish 4-stars instead of off-the-chart. But the heart of every one is exactly the same as our marquee trips— incredible scenery, events, insider access and B&R guides. Find out more about our Bistro trips »
Easygoing to Moderate
Brindisi to Bari
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $3,995
Single supplement: $500
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Ride past ancient stone villages, prehistoric menhirs and crypts into the picturesque seaside town of Otranto, then dinner by the sea in this former Byzantine stronghold.
Explore a scenic cliff-side grotto and cycle along the coast to the southern tip of western Europe with views all the way to the Balkans on a clear day.
Bike past the Alimini Lakes and through the Graecia Salentina, an area famous for its charming, historic villages and the distinctive local dialect, and end the day in the gorgeous city of Lecce.
Ride through an extensive WWF nature preserve and savour lunch and an olive-oil tasting at Tenuta Monacelli, a fortified farmhouse set among the groves.
Arrive in Locorotondo, a city surrounded by Puglia's distinctive trulli, experience a mid-morning mozzarella-making demonstration and ride to beautiful Alberobello.
Enjoy a farewell breakfast at the hotel in Fasano, then arrivederci in Bari.
Canne Bianche, Torre Canne
This newly opened 4 star resort is perfectly located just steps from the Adriatic sea. Featuring spacious Mediterranean-style rooms, a spa and a large pool overlooking the sea, the hotel transmits a feeling of relaxation and well-being. View hotel website »
Il Risorgimento Resort, Lecce
Situated in the heart of historic Lecce’s old town and vibrant shopping district, this newly restored 18thC property has maintained its historic splendor which is visible throughout the building's magnificent façade and interiors. With beautifully appointed spacious rooms, fitness centre and the luxurious Salus per Aquam Spa you will feel cared for and right at home. View hotel website »
Hotel Palazzo Papaleo, Otranto
Located behind the breathtaking cathedral, the 5-star Hotel Palazzo Papaleo stands out for its exclusive comfort, irresistible charm and privileged position in the heart of Otranto. Recently renovated and with a magnificent roof garden facing the historic center, Hotel Palazzo Papaleo offers extraordinary hospitality and the enchanting charm of a historic building. View hotel website »
Easygoing to Moderate
This trip is rated Easygoing to Moderate. Our first four days of biking are on rolling coastal and flat interior roads winding through olive groves. Our last day is along rolling terrain through vineyards and groves. Base daily distances range from 40 to 60 km (25 to 38 mi.).
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding a customized hybrid or a racing bike with drop bars. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- All special events and private tours
- Use of a customized hybrid or a racing bike with drop bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“B&R runs an amazing tour and the guides, Marco and Tabita helped to make our experience in Puglia both educational and light hearted! We enjoyed the wonderful bits of history along the way combined with the olive oil tasting and cheese making. The food was exceptional, scenery unforgettable and the people extremely friendly.”
— Chris Ogren,
Puglia Biking 2011
Puglia Bistro Biking
Notes from the Road
- Trip Tales: Chef Roberto to the Rescue!While we B&R guides pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of service, the one factor we unfortunately can’t control is the weather. So, there was nothing we could do to stop the downpour on day two of our Puglia Bistro Biking trip last Se …
- A Day (or Two) in PugliaWe’ve long known that B&R Guides Luca Pacchioni and Sonia Ter Hovanessian love Puglia. It’s a big part of the reason why we keep sending them back there. (In addition to the fact that they’re excellent guides, of course.) But when we saw the pictures …
- Reading for the Road: Books About PugliaWe at The Slow Road answer to many names (wanderers, bon vivants, students of life) but first and foremost, we’re a group of dedicated travellers. We’ve put together reading lists, which include books about Puglia —from novels to great guidebooks—tha …