Explore Napa & Sonoma
Northern California combines rolling landscapes of tidy vineyards with backdrops of golden hillocks, making it a great place for bikers! In Napa and Sonoma counties, you’re likely to find a Mom and Pop winery next to a world-famous appellation, an antique-stuffed country store kitty corner to a world-class hotel. Scenic bike routes wind through small towns and meandering walking trails exist only a few hours from bustling San Francisco. Even better, the population density drops noticeably as soon as one reaches the outer limits of Healdsburg.
B&R’s newest way to travel! This itinerary is one of our new locally supported, private trips. They use the hallmarks that we’re known for: great hotels, friendly and talented local guides plus memorable experiences, but it’s just your group and on the dates that work best for you.
Easygoing to Moderate
San Francisco to San Francisco
5 Days / 4 Nights
Price per person from: $6,400
Request your date for exact pricing
Best Time to Visit
Day by Day
Arrive in San Francisco and head to Occidental, a sleepy town nestled among the trees. Hop on bikes and pedal to the impressive state park, Armstrong Woods. After lunch in nearby Guerneville, enjoy a select tasting at Thomas George Estates, an artisan producer of small-lot Russian River Valley varietals.
Cycle by small vintners on the tranquil back roads of the Dry Creek region and stop for lunch at the upscale Dry Creek General Store. Head to the vineyards and enjoy a hands-on experience in a Meritage: Art of Blending tutorial. Later, pedal along additional routes or head back to the hotel for an afternoon of relaxation.
Pedal to the small town of Geyserville and stop at the picturesque Robert Young Estate to sip on their signature Chardonnays and Cabernet Sauvignons. Enjoy a gourmet picnic alongside the estate wines before heading to Napa Valley to settle into the region’s most famous resort.
Bike into bucolic Pope Valley and set out to Yountville for lunch on your own. Take a short drive to Far Niente, one of the world’s great wine estates and walk the 40,000 square-foot wine aging caves concluding with a tasting. Relax back at the hotel before raising a glass and toasting to the week’s worth of adventures.
Pedal to the famed Oakville Grocery Store before making our way to St. Helena for some shopping and exploration. Enjoy an Italian-inspired meal at Cook and drive to Raymond Vineyards to become a ‘Winemaker for a Day.’ Return to San Francisco and bid one another farewell after an unforgettable week.
Hotel Healdsburg, Healdsburg
Sonoma County’s premier luxury wine country lodging on Healdsburg’s historic Town Plaza. Located in the heart of North Sonoma Wine Country, Hotel Healdsburg is the ideal venue for a romantic weekend, celebration or company meeting. A resort unto itself, the Hotel Healdsburg offers a full service spa, pool, country gardens, and Charlie Palmer’s Dry Creek Kitchen. View hotel website »
Auberge du Soleil, Napa
Its renowned restaurant has made Auberge du Soleil a destination in itself in Napa. One feels as though they are at a Mediterranean hideaway nested amongst the olive groves. All rooms offer lavish amenities and every creature comfort imaginable. Its position in gorgeous natural settings is perfect for relaxation-yet it is only 5 minutes away from St. Helena. View hotel website »
Easygoing to Moderate
This trip is rated Easygoing to Moderate. Daily biking distances usually vary from 32 to 56km (20 to 35 mi.) along mostly flat and paved roads.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners including wine (as selected by B&R)
- Services of 2 B&R guides and support van
- Use of a customized Cannondale bicycle and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All special events and private tours
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“Travelling with B&R is what being alive all about. It's action packed and incredibly invigorating with so many personal highlights that it's hard to single out just one.”
— Andrew Crowe
Napa & Sonoma Private
Notes from the Road
- Q&A: Zita Cobb, Fogo Island InnWhen Zita Cobb went back to Fogo, the tiny island of her birth just off the coast of Newfoundland, she returned with not just an executive pedigree, but a vision. With the official opening of the Fogo Island Inn, the landmark hotel that’s become the …
- The Patrimonial Passion of A. RafanelliThere’s something indelible about wine and family. Sure, other traditions may be passed from one generation to the next, but few convey the conviviality felt when a bottle is passed around the table, among grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousin …
- The Best San Francisco HotelsFrom the bay and its surrounding hills, to the colourful streets of its vibrant neighbourhoods, San Francisco boasts inspiring views from nearly every angle—including from your hotel window. Best San Francisco Hotels: Where to Stay and Be Seen Cavall …