Of Sun and Stars
White cliffs, azure lagoons, ultramarine blue skies and soaring mountains all welcome you to this Mediterranean island that has been a preferred retreat of celebrities since the 1950s. Not quite France and not Italy, either, Corsica’s spellbinding idiosyncrasies are best experienced on foot. With the aid of B&R’s charming and meticulous guides, you will have a chance to explore all of its facets—from Ajaccio’s palm-shaded chic to the mysterious, Bronze-Age ruins of Cucuruzzu; from the impenetrable Citadel of Bonifacio to the transcendent cuisine of U Capu Biancu. You don’t need to be a star to embark on this journey—but we do recommend the big sunglasses!
Corsica Walking is a signature B&R Walking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Moderate to Challenging
Ajaccio to Figari
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,995
Single supplement: $900
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Head into Corsica’s heart, the mountains of Alta Rocca stretching 7000 feet tall. Hike a river valley trail outside the stark granite village of Sorbollano climbing boulders and exploring the Bronze-age cyclopean castle of Cucuruzzu.
Venture into the mountains at the Boca di Bavedda for the most dramatic hike of the week. Here, trees are six metres in circumference and 50 metres tall! With the Mediterranean Sea on both sides, traverse Corsica north to south along the famous Grande Randonnée hiking trail.
Bid avvedacci to the Alta Rocca and wind down to a hidden seaside track. Today’s shoreline hike is a gentle affair, with azure blue waters to one side and tafoni, fantastical wind-sculpted boulders, on the other. Tonight’s accommodation is perched along one of Corsica’s most gorgeous coves.
Today we’ll relish the scent of the maquis, strolling along the trails above this hidden coast, with birds and iridescent lizards for company. The rest of the day is yours to create—come out to the seaside town of Porto Vecchio, relax at the hotel, or explore the Genovese tower of Sant’ Amanza.
Discover the most stunning part of the island: a coast of towering white cliffs, translucent turquoise waters, rolling green hills, and the Citadel of Bonifacio, one of the Mediterranean’s most impenetrable fortresses. Consider a walk to secluded coves and later, take a coastal cruise for a sea-level view of this stunning town.
After a last seaside breakfast, we’ll drop you off at the Figari airport for connecting flights. Bon voyage!
A Pignata, Levie
This elegant little family-run hotel perches in a tranquil mountain clearing. The simple yet elegant rooms, while of modest size, capture the sense of place with a true sense of chic. The heated indoor pool and steam room offer the perfect end to a long day, while their renowned restaurant draws islanders in search of a delicious Corsican evening. View hotel website »
U Capu Biancu, Bonifacio
A gorgeous seaside haven, the four-star U Capu Biancu sits on one of the island’s quietest and most beautiful coves. The winding corridors and individually decorated rooms exude a pan-Mediterranean welcome, with charming character. Many rooms have sea views. View hotel website »
Moderate to Challenging
This trip is rated Moderate to Challenging. The terrain we cover is varied and footing is frequently rocky. We’ll enjoy both rolling walks with less sustained climbs and a taste of high mountains; rewarding views are guaranteed! Daily distances range from 5 to 10 kilometres, with options for shorter or longer walks available most days.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support vehicle
- Use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks
- Detailed maps and route suggestions
- Waist pack with water bottle and holder
- All special events and private tours
- All baggage transportation
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“What a fabulous trip! And the magic still lingers… B&R is my favourite vacation experience & I hope to adventure with you forever!”
— Patricia Cook,
Corsica Walking 2008
Notes from the Road
- Cognac: Holding Court Since 1869While the Poitou-Charentes region has been producing wine for centuries, Atlantic France’s most famous beverage is probably Cognac, the strong but smooth spirit endorsed, so legend holds, by no less a figure than Napoleon Bonaparte himself. Cognac A …
- Celebrated Living: High RollersPublished in Celebrated Living magazine | By Larry Olmsted When my 20th wedding anniversary rolled around, I offered my wife three celebratory options: a posh escapist retreat to Bali, a vow renewal in Las Vegas – officiated by an Elvis impersonator …
- Five Reasons to Visit Loire Valley with Your FamilyBefore you check out the slideshow below and find out just what makes the Loire Valley such a perfect destination for families, a brief note of caution. This place is really only suited to people who want to take in a rich history, stay in elegant ch …