Amble to Angkor
Cambodia’s ancient Khmer temples at Angkor represent one of the most impressive and well-preserved ancient sites in the world. And even though they’ve survived for centuries, Cambodia’s political stability and the construction of the high-end Grand Hotel d’Angkor make now the best time to see them in person. This addition to our Vietnam Walking trip dedicates two full days to exploring the temples—and you’ll need them both to fully appreciate these incredible man-made wonders.
Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
4 Days / 3 Nights
Price per person from: $2,895
Single supplement: $600
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Take an early morning flight to Siem Reap and venture into the heart of the Cambodian countryside and finish our walk at Tonle Sap for a lovely sunset boat ride on Asia’s largest lake.
Discover the temples of Bayon and Angkor Wat with our local guide, arriving by traditional means—elephants, before setting out on a trek around the ancient city of Angkor Thom.
Explore the wild jungle temple of Ta Prohm and walk through the park, passing by quiet temples of Bayon, Angkor Wat, the Elephant Terrace and the gates of Angkor Thom.
Enjoy a final breakfast together at the hotel before saying farewell and meeting your international connections.
Grand Hotel d’Angkor, Siem Reap
The Grand Hotel d’Angkor is the area’s finest colonial landmark and provides the perfect base for our temple visits. At the end of each day’s explorations, your elegant guestroom awaits you—not to mention the historic Elephant Bar, fine restaurants, a beautiful pool and spa. The Grand is tastefully appointed with Art Deco-style furnishings and Khmer art objects. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Easygoing as it is primarily a sightseeing walking trip.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches and two dinners, including wine
- Services of a B&R guide, a local guide and support vehicle with driver
- All special events and private tours, guest experts, entrance fees into historical sights and museums
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off, including van support, coach transfers, and flights
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“This was the first time in my life I was spoiled beyond belief. The B&R team is at hand every step of the way: hotels are already prepared, meals are booked, and nothing is too much for them. Thank you all for making this a great memory.”
— Gerri Grehan,
Vietnam Walking & Cambodia Walking Post-Trip
Notes from the Road
- Insider’s Guide: Tokyo HotelsIn the first of our three-part Insider’s Guide to Tokyo, Trip Designer Orsolya Kako offered a few of her favourite places to get a taste of Tokyo. Here, she presents her picks for the Tokyo hotels where you can do so much more than simply rest your h …
- Insider’s Guide: Tokyo RestaurantsEvery journey has a flavour, every place a taste. Whether it’s a Michelin-starred meal, a multi-course extravaganza or fresh fish at a seaside cantina, we believe you can’t really call yourself a cultural adventurer if you don’t embrace the local foo …
- Myanmar Through Tyler’s EyesRecently named a Top Travel Specialist for Myanmar by Condé Nast Traveler magazine, B&R Trip Designer Tyler Dillon shares his passion for the country where he says “magic still exists.” Feeling inspired? Check out our full roster of Myanmar trips to …