Burgundy’s charms are irresistible; we’ve been smitten since our first visit decades ago. There’s no place we know better, and the legendary Côte de Nuits reds and Montrachet whites (wines, of course) are only the beginning. Come along as we stroll through celebrated vineyards and ageless towns like Oingt, an undeniably beautiful village in France. And at the end of each day, the comfortable confines of the region’s top properties and a trio of Michelin-starred dinners await. Whoever said “You can’t go home again” didn’t live here.
This is a signature B&R Walking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Easygoing to Moderate
Dijon to Dijon
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,495
Single supplement: $800
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Receive an informal introduction to Burgundian wines with a professional local winemaker in a private wine cellar in Chambolle-Musigny.
From the famous village of Aloxe-Corton we walk along the Cotes de Beaune towards the medieval city of Beaune, home of some of the best wines in Burgundy. Tour this beautiful town with our local guide before an exclusive dinner in a private wine cellar.
Hike in the Hautes-Cotes de Beaune and have a lunch at the organic farm of La Ruchotte with Chef Frédéric Menager. Enjoy a wine tasting directly out of the barrel in a well-known wine domain led by the winemaker of the estate.
Walk through the lush landscape of the Ouche Valley, the greenest part of Burgundy and dine on superb Michelin-starred creations in a 12thC Cistercian abbey, our home for the next two nights.
Walk a gorgeous stretch of the Canal de Bourgogne to lunch at the very private garden of the “Jardins de Barbirey,” followed by leisurely stops at quintessentially French villages.
Enjoy a farewell breakfast at the hotel in Bussière and au revoir in Dijon.
Château André Ziltener, Chambolle-Musigny
Set amid the vines in the tiny village of Chambolle-Musigny, the intimate yet luxurious 18thC Château André Ziltener opened as a hotel in 1993. Tastefully decorated and surrounded by a lush and peaceful garden, the hotel offers only ten quaint and comfortable rooms—meaning that the service is always excellent and we quite often have the place all to ourselves! View hotel website »
Hotel le Cep, Beaune
A collection of noble townhouses dating from the Middle Ages, Hôtel Le Cep is ideally located within steps of the historic centre of Beaune. The courtyard is a great spot to unwind over a glass of wine, and the tower staircase leads to an incredible view over the city’s medieval rooftops. Le Cep also has earned the distinction of being the hotel with which B&R has worked the longest. View hotel website »
La Cueillette, Meursault
Just recently renovated, this XIXth Century castle is perfectly located right in the center of the village of Meursault. The style is unique and combined perfectly local tradition and modern style. It’s also the only hotel in the area to offer a real spa. View hotel website »
Easygoing to Moderate
This trip is rated Easygoing to Moderate. For the most part, we walk on gently rolling terrain, although we tackle the occasional steep climb or descent. As the terrain can be rocky, footwear with good ankle support is essential. On average, we walk 10-13 km (6-8 mi.) daily, with longer options available on some days.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support vehicle
- Use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks
- Detailed maps and route suggestions
- Waist pack with water bottle and holder
- All special events and private tours
- All baggage transportation
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“There were so many memorable moments on this wonderful trip. We enjoyed them all and look forward to further journeys with B&R.”
— David & Deborah Winston,
Burgundy Walking 2010
Notes from the Road
- Beaune: Our Medieval JewelA well-preserved medieval jewel in the heart of the Burgundian vineyards, wine is more influential in the history and development of Beaune than any other item or commodity. Strategically situated in the middle of the famous Cote d’Or vineyards, half …
- A Riding Revelation“Wow.” I said it more times than I can remember—and the ride lasted barely two hours. My first-ever B&R biking experience took place, appropriately enough, in Beaune, the heart of Burgundy wine country, our longtime European home. Pedalling an easygo …
- Immersion Kit: BurgundyAt The Slow Road we pride ourselves on getting in deep and up close. If knowledge of a region is power, access is authenticity—and we’ve spent decades forging the relationships that grant us both. But the road, like so many …