Structured Independence in B&R Style
On this self-guided bike tour, we combine three hallmarks of any B&R itinerary— excellent hotels, beautiful riding routes and superb custom-fitted bicycles—with the freedom of pacing each day just the way you like. We arrange some can’t-miss meals and events, transfer your bags and equip you with all the information for the ultimate trip. A Century Ride at dawn or a leisurely afternoon loop; sandwiches from a boulangerie or a gourmet lunch; a walking tour of historic Beaune or a dip in the pool; the choices are all yours.
Chambolle-Musigny to Dijon
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $3,295
Single supplement: $900
Request your date for exact pricing
Best Time to Visit
Day by Day
Pedal a warm-up loop through flat farmland from your hotel along the gorgeous Route des Grands Crus. Tonight, dine out in a vineyard village of your choosing.
Bike through famed vineyards such as Romanée Conti and La Tache to Beaune, and enjoy a guided visit to the magnificent 800-year-old hospices.
A tremendously rewarding loop ride, with a Century option, through Meursault, Pommard and the Montrachet leads back to Beaune for a private wine tasting in its medieval centre.
Shop early, then tackle the gradual climb into the Hautes Côtes, arriving in the bucolic Ouche Valley in plenty of time for cocktails at Hotel Abbaye de la Bussiere.
Enjoy lunch today in Ste-Sabine or Châteauneuf on a stunning farewell ride, then enjoy an unforgettable and mouth-watering dinner at the hotel’s famous Michelin-starred restaurant.
A private shuttle timed for your convenience brings you to Dijon station for high-speed connections to Paris, Lyon or Geneva. Au revoir!
Château André Ziltener, Chambolle-Musigny
Set amid the vines in the tiny village of Chambolle-Musigny, the intimate yet luxurious 18thC Château André Ziltener opened as a hotel in 1993. Tastefully decorated and surrounded by a lush and peaceful garden, the hotel offers only ten quaint and comfortable rooms—meaning that the service is always excellent and we quite often have the place all to ourselves! View hotel website »
Hotel le Cep, Beaune
A collection of noble townhouses dating from the Middle Ages, Hôtel Le Cep is ideally located within steps of the historic centre of Beaune. The courtyard is a great spot to unwind over a glass of wine, and the tower staircase leads to an incredible view over the city’s medieval rooftops. Le Cep also has earned the distinction of being the hotel with which B&R has worked the longest. View hotel website »
Abbaye de la Bussière, La Bussière-sur-Ouche
This boutique hotel is a medieval castle that was once a Cistercian monastery and later a hunting lodge. Now the hotel offers luxurious accommodations within an 18-acre park. It was entirely refurbished prior to its opening, and joined Relais & Châteaux in 2007—in 2009, Emmanuel Hébrard, the young talented chef of the property’s restaurant, earned his first Michelin star. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Moderate. The trip alternates relatively flat routes with some hilly rides. Distances range from 27 to 44 km (17 to 27 mi.) with options every day, including the Century Ride of 100 km. In general, we follow small, quiet roads through vineyards, farmland, forests and charming towns. Burgundy has been credited with having the best biking, not just in France, but the world. This is no small claim, but it has been asserted time and again by both B&R guides and travellers.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All baggage transportation
- All breakfasts and one dinner, including wine
- Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- A private walking tour of Beaune
- A private tasting of regional wines
- Transportation to drop-off
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“Our B&R tour of Burgundy has left us with memories to last a lifetime. Our 'self-guided' trip itinerary was exactly what we had hoped for as it allowed us to explore and enjoy this region at our own pace knowing full well that B&R was taking care of our accommodations, baggage transfers, etc. A huge 'merci' to all at B&R for this outstanding cycling vacation.”
— Allen & Karen O'Hanley,
Burgundy Self-Guided Biking 2011
Notes from the Road
- Beaune: Our Medieval JewelA well-preserved medieval jewel in the heart of the Burgundian vineyards, wine is more influential in the history and development of Beaune than any other item or commodity. Strategically situated in the middle of the famous Cote d’Or vineyards, half …
- A Riding Revelation“Wow.” I said it more times than I can remember—and the ride lasted barely two hours. My first-ever B&R biking experience took place, appropriately enough, in Beaune, the heart of Burgundy wine country, our longtime European home. Pedalling an easygo …
- Immersion Kit: BurgundyAt The Slow Road we pride ourselves on getting in deep and up close. If knowledge of a region is power, access is authenticity—and we’ve spent decades forging the relationships that grant us both. But the road, like so many …