Rolling Beyond the Wall
In only one week, we explore the dynamic cities of Berlin, Potsdam and Dresden—cities replete with culture, history and art, but that also reveal a dynamic, contemporary soul. We venture off into the countryside, traversing forest paths and wending along lakeside trails outside of Potsdam, spinning through the woods of Swiss Saxony and through the Elbe River valley. We tour palaces and the incredible gardens of Sanssouci, reside in a castle, and immerse ourselves in all the delicious comforts that accompany us along the way.
Berlin to Dresden Biking is a signature B&R Biking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Berlin to Dresden
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,795
Single supplement: $800
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Listen as our local guide leads a living history tour by bike: Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall, the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate. Dine in elegance at our hotel.
See the UNESCO zone of Potsdam, including the sumptuous Sanssouci gardens. Lunch just steps from the room where the future of post-war Europe was charted.
Ride through the UNESCO-protected Biosphere Reserve before spending the afternoon wending through tranquil Spreewald landscape.
Visit a porcelain factory in noble Meissen. Ride along the Elbe River bike path into the heart of Baroque Dresden, Saxony's royal capital, to explore the city on your own.
Admire the incredible treasure trove in the New Green Vault. Toast the week with a final night dinner overlooking the river, accompanied by classical musicians.
Enjoy a farewell breakfast at the hotel before leaving for your departure home.
Hotel Bayrisches Haus, Potsdam
Hotel Bayrisches Haus is located in the heart of Potsdam's former game reserve, an original and picturesque forest site, on the doorstep of Potsdam – the ideal setting for tranquility and relaxation. Each room features a very private atmosphere. Its gourmet restaurant provides an exclusive ambience and many culinary delights centered around regional products from Brandenburg. View hotel website »
Zur Bleiche Resort & Spa, Burg
Set amid the peaceful Spreewald forest, the Hotel Zur Bleiche, once a royal bleaching-house, was converted to a luxurious Resort Spa & Wellness Centre in 1992. Its health facilities are topnotch; they are frequented not only by guests, but also by the world renowned Bayern Munich football club. View hotel website »
Kempinski Taschenbergpalais, Dresden
Nestled between the baroque landmarks of the opera house and historic national museum, the Kempinski Taschenbergpalais has a location that is second to none. And beyond the imposing façade of this meticulously reconstructed royal palace built in 1706 lie equally regal amenities: sitting rooms, relaxing courtyards, a spa and sauna, and a sublime fifth-floor swimming pool. View hotel website »
This trip is rated Easygoing. The riding is mostly flat and a good part of it is on dedicated bike paths. In Berlin and Potsdam, we follow paths and quiet roads to get an inside view of the interesting history of these places. The Spree Forest is also very level riding, where riders could be required to push their bikes over a couple of low wooden bridges. In Saxony we bike along the river Elbe, which is virtually flat. Options are available.
You can't enjoy a great biking trip without a really great bike. On this trip you'll be riding customized Cannondales; there are three models to choose from to ensure you'll have the perfect bike. Click here for a detailed description. We also equip you with handlebar bag, helmet and water bottle.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
"This trip was an excellent balance between riding through beautiful countryside and slowing down to learn the complex history and culture of the region."
— Richard Gilden,
Berlin to Dresden Biking 2011
Notes from the Road
- Trip Tales: The Spreewald ComplotBetween Berlin and Dresden, two of Germany’s most famous cities, lies a region largely unknown to many travellers—lending it a mystery we were more than happy to take advantage of in order to plot the perfect surprise on a recent trip. A Fließe Runs …
- Bike Berlin to DresdenFrom the pulsating energy of Berlin, to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Potsdam and the treasure that is Dresden today, Germany still resonates as a flashpoint in history—but also a country with a progressive edge. Wrapped in B&R’s unparalleled hos …