Walking in the Footsteps of Gods
To see Amalfi in travel-mag spreads is to glimpse at its beauty: those ruin-topped cliffs on chic Capri, the rugged mountain trails lined with chestnut groves and rosemary around Ravello; and the famed Path of the Gods above Positano are more than any page could cover. With private boats and insider knowledge, we’ll explore these majestic hills with a local naturalist, take lunch in a mountain hut with our pal Salvatore and sip a drink poolside in Italian luxury at the Hotel Caruso.
Amalfi Coast Walking is a signature B&R Walking trip—expertly guided, small groups, premium hotels.
Moderate to Challenging
Naples to Naples
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $7,995
Single supplement: $3,200
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Arrive in Capri by private motorboat, disembarking on the elegant Marina Piccola. Hike paths perched high on the mountainside while soaking up the stunning views of the islands of Ischia and Procida.
Explore Villa Jovis, the summer residence of Emperor Tiberius in the morning and spend the afternoon walking a coastal trail with exquisite views and, if you’re lucky, a few curious goats.
Walk the fabled Path of the Gods over Positano with local naturalist Nicola. This evening cocktails on Le Sirenuse’s terrace with stunning Positano as your backdrop.
Scale challenging Monte Pertuso, tour the town or lounge about at Le Sireneuse, once rated the world’s best hotel by Condé Nast Traveler. Tonight’s dinner is in the town’s top restaurant.
Tour Amalfi with charming and knowledgeable local guide, Michelangelo before hiking uphill through lemon groves and waterfalls. A fitting final celebration to an unforgettable week!
Breakfast in Ravello and arrivederci in Naples. For those staying on, join local resident Michelangelo on our private city walk including the Villa Rufolo and the Villa Cimbrone gardens.
Grand Hotel Quisisana, Capri
The center of Capri, just steps away from the Piazzetta, has been the site of the Grand Hotel Quisisana, a historic establishment and flagship of the Italian hotel industry since 1845. This exclusive 5-star hotel is a veritable oasis of relaxation, surrounded by lush greenery. Its elegant rooms are the perfect expression of Capri's dolce vita, famous throughout the world. View hotel website »
Le Sirenuse, Positano
Overlooking the sea on the cliffs of Positano, Le Sirenuse was rated the best hotel in the world in Condé Nast Traveler. B&R is the only active travel company invited to stay at this luxurious hotel thanks to our friendship with its charming owner, who can suggest many great walks in the area. Best of all, every room faces the sea offering views of the mythical islands of the Sirens. View hotel website »
Hotel Caruso, Ravello
Hotel Caruso sits high above the Mediterranean with breathtaking views of the water below. From its heyday at the turn of the century when it was very sought after as a residence to the stunning property it is today, guests continue to delight in the views, amenities and service. Here azure dreams are sure to accompany your stay and you will simply never want to leave. View hotel website »
Moderate to Challenging
This trip is rated Moderate to Challenging. It is a walking trip that covers a variety of terrain that at times is challenging. The landscape can be quite mountainous, so be prepared for plenty of ups and downs. Those with vertigo may find some of the walks uncomfortable. Daily distances average 5 to 8 km (3 to 5 mi.), with some options for less (or more) challenging hikes. A number of our walks are on narrow footpaths through woods and along mountainsides, while others follow well-surfaced roads. Hiking boots are required on some walks. Please note that van support is limited on this trip due to the inaccessibility of trails by vehicle.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- Use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks
- Waist pack with water bottle and holder
- Detailed maps and route suggestions
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“The immersion into the local's lives was the best part - the family restaurants that opened just for us; the conversations about what local life is really like.”
— Stan King,
Amalfi Coast Walking, 2012
Notes from the Road
- Trip Tales: Chef Roberto to the Rescue!While we B&R guides pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of service, the one factor we unfortunately can’t control is the weather. So, there was nothing we could do to stop the downpour on day two of our Puglia Bistro Biking trip last Se …
- In Deep: SienaDelve deep into this perfect medieval time capsule, where (thanks to enlightened zoning restrictions dating all the way back to 1307) the palaces and churches of Siena have been preserved like nowhere else in Italy. While the resulting wealth of art …
- Italy and Croatia with the KidsWe had travelled to Italy and Croatia with the kids before, but my husband, who is Croatian Canadian, never gets tired of either country—so we went again! Despite my protestations that Rome and Venice would be packed with tourists, my sons insisted o …