Fabled Coast of Sea & Sky
For the first-time visitor to Italy’s legendary Amalfi Coast there are two questions that are typically asked: ‘Why haven’t I been here before?’ followed by the agonizing yet inevitable reality of, ‘Do I really have to leave?’ Commonly regarded as Italy’s most spectacular stretch of coastline, this treasured region comes by its reputation honestly, welcoming visitors for thousands of years.
Bistro trips offer more independence (more meals on your own), and the hotels are likely to be stylish 4-stars instead of off-the-chart. But the heart of every one is exactly the same as our marquee trips— incredible scenery, events, insider access and B&R guides. Find out more about our Bistro trips »
Moderate to Challenging
Sorrento to Napoli
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,995
Single supplement: $1,400
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Aboard our private boat cruise from Sorrento to legendary Capri. Walk past lemon groves and whitewashed houses, enjoy an unending bird’s-eye views of the sea.
After our local guide takes us through Capri town, enjoy lunch in the piazza and some shopping (of course!) then it's across the sea to Amalfi.
Amalfi's historic centre bustles with activity, which we stroll through making our way to charming nearby villages. Lunch in picturesque Ravello and a visit to the famed Villa Cimbrone.
Starting high in the Lattari mountains, walk the legendary Path of the Gods with our naturalist. Arrive at Positano, the epitome of an Amalfi Coast seaside village.
Your choice: a challenging climb to gaze down on the coastline and colourful Positano—or stretch your legs on a self-guided walk about town. An afternoon swim and nap is perfect lead up to our final evening together.
After breakfast, it's off to Naples, and your journey home. Arrivederci!
Caesar Augustus, Anacapri
This Relais & Châteaux property is located just steps from the village of Anacapri. Perched on the edge of a cliff it provides staggering views of the bay of Naples, which you happily take in from the comfort of your private balcony. View hotel website »
Grand Hotel Convento, Amalfi
Located in a 12thC monastery and one of the most notable monuments of the Amalfi Coast, the Grand Hotel Convento has a unique setting. It recently underwent a major refurbishing that seamlessly blends modern day comforts with the hotel’s ancient appeal. View hotel website »
Hotel Ancora, Positano
This intimate, family-owned, 4-star hotel in Positano has breathtaking views from the large balconies. Featuring only 18 rooms it has a fabulous location just a short walk down to the beach. View hotel website »
Moderate to Challenging
This walking trip covers a variety of terrain that at times is challenging. The landscape can be quite mountainous, so be prepared for plenty of ups and downs. Those with vertigo may fi nd some of the walks uncomfortable. Daily distances average 7 km (4 mi.), with some options for less (or more) challenging hikes. A number of our walks are on narrow footpaths through woods and along mountainsides, while others follow well-surfaced roads. Hiking boots are required on some walks. Please note that van support is limited on this trip due to the inaccessibility of trails by vehicle.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- Use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks
- Waist pack with water bottle and holder
- Detailed maps and route suggestions
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“What was my most memorable moment? Too many to count! The weather made the hikes and views totally breathtaking and the perfect way to see this amazing part of the world.”
— Abbey Konowitch,
Amalfi Coast Walking
Notes from the Road
- A Day (or Two) in PugliaWe’ve long known that B&R Guide Luca Pacchioni loves Puglia. It’s a big part of the reason why we keep sending him back there. (In addition to the fact that he’s an excellent guide, of course.) But when we saw the pictures he took on a trip last summ …
- Departures: Top Tier Wine ExperiencesPublished in Departures Dispatch| By Shivani Vora When George Butterfield, founder of the active-travel company Butterfield & Robinson, led a group of travelers on a bespoke wine-focused trip through Germany and France earlier this year, he knew he w …
- Reading for the Road: Books About the Amalfi CoastWe at The Slow Road answer to many names (wanderers, bon vivants, students of life) but first and foremost, we’re a group of dedicated travellers. We’ve put together reading lists, which include those books—from novels to great guidebooks—that have r …