Fabled Coast of Sea & Sky
For the first-time visitor to Italy’s legendary Amalfi Coast there are two questions that are typically asked: ‘Why haven’t I been here before?’ followed by the agonizing yet inevitable reality of, ‘Do I really have to leave?’ Commonly regarded as Italy’s most spectacular stretch of coastline, this treasured region comes by its reputation honestly, welcoming visitors for thousands of years.
Amalfi Coast Bistro Walking offers more independence (more meals on your own), and the hotels are likely to be stylish 4-stars instead of off-the-chart. But the heart of every one is exactly the same as our marquee trips— incredible scenery, events, insider access and B&R guides. Find out more about our Bistro trips »
Moderate to Challenging
Sorrento to Napoli
6 Days / 5 Nights
Price per person from: $5,995
Single supplement: $1,400
See departure dates for exact pricing
Choose a Date
Day by Day
Aboard our private boat cruise from Sorrento to legendary Capri. Walk past lemon groves and whitewashed houses, enjoy an unending bird’s-eye views of the sea.
After our local guide takes us through Capri town, enjoy lunch in the piazza and some shopping (of course!) then it's across the sea to Amalfi.
Amalfi's historic centre bustles with activity, which we stroll through making our way to charming nearby villages. Lunch in picturesque Ravello and a visit to the famed Villa Cimbrone.
Starting high in the Lattari mountains, walk the legendary Path of the Gods with our naturalist. Arrive at Positano, the epitome of an Amalfi Coast seaside village.
Your choice: a challenging climb to gaze down on the coastline and colourful Positano—or stretch your legs on a self-guided walk about town. An afternoon swim and nap is perfect lead up to our final evening together.
After breakfast, it's off to Naples, and your journey home. Arrivederci!
Caesar Augustus, Anacapri
This Relais & Châteaux property is located just steps from the village of Anacapri. Perched on the edge of a cliff it provides staggering views of the bay of Naples, which you happily take in from the comfort of your private balcony. View hotel website »
Grand Hotel Convento, Amalfi
Located in a 12thC monastery and one of the most notable monuments of the Amalfi Coast, the Grand Hotel Convento has a unique setting. It recently underwent a major refurbishing that seamlessly blends modern day comforts with the hotel’s ancient appeal. View hotel website »
Hotel Ancora, Positano
This intimate, family-owned, 4-star hotel in Positano has breathtaking views from the large balconies. Featuring only 18 rooms it has a fabulous location just a short walk down to the beach. View hotel website »
Moderate to Challenging
This walking trip covers a variety of terrain that at times is challenging. The landscape can be quite mountainous, so be prepared for plenty of ups and downs. Those with vertigo may fi nd some of the walks uncomfortable. Daily distances average 7 km (4 mi.), with some options for less (or more) challenging hikes. A number of our walks are on narrow footpaths through woods and along mountainsides, while others follow well-surfaced roads. Hiking boots are required on some walks. Please note that van support is limited on this trip due to the inaccessibility of trails by vehicle.
Walking Sticks &
Included with all walking trips are Leki telescoping walking sticks and custom-made padded hip holsters, which comfortably carry one full half-litre water bottle. And while the walking sticks get “recycled” for use by another B&R traveller, the holsters are yours to keep at trip’s end.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners, including wine
- Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
- Use of two lightweight, telescoping walking sticks
- Waist pack with water bottle and holder
- Detailed maps and route suggestions
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- All baggage transportation
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
At Your Service
We take pride in choosing guides who are not only exceptional travelling companions, but who’ll go far beyond the call of duty to ensure an unforgettable experience.
“What was my most memorable moment? Too many to count! The weather made the hikes and views totally breathtaking and the perfect way to see this amazing part of the world.”
— Abbey Konowitch,
Amalfi Coast Walking
Notes from the Road
- Trip Tales: Chef Roberto to the Rescue!While we B&R guides pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of service, the one factor we unfortunately can’t control is the weather. So, there was nothing we could do to stop the downpour on day two of our Puglia Bistro Biking trip last Se …
- In Deep: SienaDelve deep into this perfect medieval time capsule, where (thanks to enlightened zoning restrictions dating all the way back to 1307) the palaces and churches of Siena have been preserved like nowhere else in Italy. While the resulting wealth of art …
- Italy and Croatia with the KidsWe had travelled to Italy and Croatia with the kids before, but my husband, who is Croatian Canadian, never gets tired of either country—so we went again! Despite my protestations that Rome and Venice would be packed with tourists, my sons insisted o …