ITALIAN LAKES LUXURY CUSTOM TRIPS
Experience the Italian Lakes
Nestled cosily between the Alps and the Swiss border, the Italian Lakes are grandeur and elegance incarnate. A lofty claim, we know, but once you’ve laid eyes on this land of perched villas and verdant hills, you’ll forgive us our hyperbole—and indulge in some of your own.
Price per person per night from US$750 to $1,000
Price per person per night from US$1,000 to $2,000
Price per person per night from US$2,000
What is bespoke with B&R?
Your dreams—realized. Your expectations—exceeded. And your mind? Totally and utterly blown.
- We craft extraordinary experiences, tailor made to meet your every need, with every stitch of every day crafted just the way you want it.
- Tell us your dreams and The World’s Best trip designers will craft a journey exclusively for you.
- Fill out the form to have one of our expert trip designers get in touch—and start planning your perfect adventure
Lake Como is more than just a Golden Age destination. Whether kayaking in the crystal-blue waters, cruising past towering mountains by private boat or checking out the views from high above the lake in a scenic seaplane ride, there is a long list of active fun and adventure for every age imaginable.
- Ride horseback along the scenic hillside paths.
- Explore alpine trails leading to mountain huts, with phenomenal views of each arm of the lake far below.
- Water ski to your heart’s content or take in sailing lessons from a skipper at the local club.
Inspired? Craft a similar Bespoke trip starting from US$750-$1,000 per person per night.
Set between the Alps and the Swiss border, legendary Lakes Lugano and Como have long attracted the world to their shores. Journey along the waters of each of these lakes and set foot on paths that provide unique views, offering you active days and elegant evenings in a memorable setting still living up to its Grand Tour reputation.
- Wander cobblestone laneways with a Bellagio native, meeting local artisans along the way.
- Taste Lombardy and Piemonte wines from the owner of a private villa during a picnic in his garden.
- Trek the ancient paths between Switzerland and Italy, aided by private boat.
Inspired? Craft a similar Bespoke trip starting from US$1,000-$2,000 per person per night.
Live in grand style befitting Europe’s most high-profile lake destination. Cruise the lakefront in your private boat to reach charming lakeside towns. Between visits to classic villas and their artistically designed gardens and boating to each corner of this magical lake, be sure to find time to relax in your own private spa.
- Follow your lively chef in a cooking demonstration of Lombardy specialties.
- Hop in your own private boat to reach quaint and quiet villages or lively restaurants.
- Enjoy a private aperitivo following an exclusive visit to a long-time resident and villa neighbour.
Inspired? Craft a similar Bespoke trip starting from US$2,000 per person per night.
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni, Bellagio Como
Villa Serbelloni, one of the oldest hotels in the Lake Como area, was one of the most famous stops along the 19thC tour of the lakes. Not much has changed today. This 5-star hotel is decorated in a neo-classical style and offers guests the pleasure of a relaxing poolside, spa treatments or a motorboat ride from the private dock to the historic gardens along the lake. View hotel website »
Grand Hotel Villa Castagnola, Lugano
On the shores of Lago di Lugano, the Villa Castagnola is a luxurious Italian-styled villa surrounded by sub-tropical and exotic gardens. With wonderful lake and mountain views, a fabulous restaurant, a wellness area with spa and beauty treatments, a private lido and fascinating collection of contemporary sculptures, this is a treat for the senses at every level. View hotel website »
Villa Giuseppina, Lake Como
Having recently undergone a multi million dollar restoration, this historic villa and its fabulous gardens complete with infinity edge pool, spa, private boat and car, every imaginable amenity is available during your stay. View hotel website »
Our talented team of Trip Designers are the best in the world at what they do—and what they do is turn fantasies into reality. (We thought about changing their title to “Dream Weavers,” but we didn’t want to re-print all those business cards.)
“We’re discriminating travellers, so topping our list of favourites is difficult to do—yet B&R has easily done it! We were impressed by everything. Lunches were extraordinary. Dinners were lavish, and the vino was free flowing!”— John Dowd
Notes from the Road
More stories from our blogREAD THE SLOW ROAD
Immerse yourself in the elegance of Amalfi. Taste the local trattorie, wander along mountain paths and coastal trails and visit chic Capri.
Discover the land of perched villas and verdant hills as incredible walks lead you through the charming streets of Lugano and Bellagio.